Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, June 8, 2009

June 7, 2009

Dear Mother,
So you want to know how things are going then. You really want to know huh. Well, I will tell you how things are going in one word, FREAKING AWESOME!!! Okay that was two words, but that is how it is. The baptism did happen. I am going to send you a picture. I only got one picture though. It was amazing. The ward we are in Hasn't had one for more than 5 years. They were way excited about it. The man is Takase. We has a way sweet testimony. He was totally prepared. We found taught and baptized him in a week and a half. It was truly a miracle. Yet, this week we will most likely have another baptism. Soga san, a way cool guy we met when we got here. His story is just amazing. We met him the day he was thinking about God, and He took a wrong road and I mean he was prepared so much. He will be getting baptized this week or the next. We are shooting for Wednesday. There are miracles happening here in this area right now. It is so amazing. Man I am way excited right now. We are just working really hard and we are meeting amazing people. People that we know are just so prepared. The other day we met this young guy that is catholic, but he doesn't go to church much, but we invited him to church and he got excited and said he will bring his friend because the friend started to be interested in religion, I mean we are seeing miracles here and it is just so amazing. Man I am just so happy right now. There are so many miracles. And I am able to be apart of it. It is awesome. I myself have changed from this all. I have so much more faith. So much more desire. I want to talk to as many people as possible. Man this is so cool. So, ya things are going amazing. Oh, hey, Ryan is probably going to tell you this but, this transfer is over that means that we get calls really soon, I mean like tomorrow. We get the call to see who stays and who goes. So just in case don't send anything until I tell you next week. If you are going to send something. Life is full of things that aren't planned. Sometimes Your expectations are just totally changed. I loved Elder Wirthlin`s talk about "Come what may, and love it" that was such an amazing talk. Sometimes Things are not what they seem, but no matter what, we take it for what it is and love it. We have faith that things are going to get good no matter what.Man I love this work. I love this gospel and I love the chance I have to share it right now. I love you mom and I miss you so much. But, time will fly by as it has been these past 6 weeks. I will work hard everyday. And when I get off that plane you will not recognize your young man anymore. I love you and miss you. I will talk to you soon.
Love.
Your Son,
Elder Lane Ashmore

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow! Lane, you sound really "on fire!" Happy to hear that things are going so well for you. Japan is lucky to have you there right now. We love you!