Make your own Countdown Clocks

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 3, 2008

Dear Mom,
Well, emails this week have been really different. I got about 7 I think. I was very excited. From what I recall I got nothing last week. So the change has been nice. Well anyway, I am glad to hear that everyone is doing good. I was pretty worried. I am a little worry wart. Probably not a good thing. Yet, maybe it is. I am not sure. So Grandma and Grandpa Ashmore have moved down to Arizona. And now Jim and Charn are thinking about it too. Wow, I think Arizona will be the new family place. We just need the Johnson side to start moving down there. But, that is pretty exciting. Wow, I did not know that Obama was that bad. That is just rediculous. Our four fathers would definitely been displeased on how the country has gone so far. So much has changed since back then. Even though I wasn`t alive for it, it seems that things would be better if it was still like back then. I really hope and pray that McCain will win the Election. I will pray for it as much as I can. We just need to make sure that we are doing what the Lord has said, "as much as you shall keep my commandments..." he will bless us, "ye shall prosper in the land." Now when we think about prospering, what do we think? Is it gain of wealth and goods? I don`t think that is always the case. I think it is also that God will protect us from the things of the world. That as long as we do what is necessary, He will bless us with spiritual needs as well as physical. Now what does this have to do with the elections. We have our choice right? Now, if we are doing what is right, following God`s commandments he will protect us from the wrong things of the world. As I have heard, you believe that Obama is a false prophet, that is wrong right? If we trust in God and Keep His Commandments, He will protect us. That is what I have right now.So as for the Christmas package. HMMM, I can`t really think of anything right now. Yet, my comp just said brownies are good in a Christmas package. As are cookies, with frosting on top, and sprinkles. But, ya as far as clothes and things goes I think I am doing good. WAIT!!! I want a 259 CD, and John Denver and the Muppets CD, I forgot mine. It is in a case thing at home. Ryan might now where it is. Ya I really want music. I got none. And maybe some John Bytheway stuff. That would be cool. Ya that is all I can think of right now.So, ya everyone is getting old. I am getting old. Think about it. In 3 months I am going to be 20 AAAAHHHH!!! That is scary to think about. But, life will yet go on. AAAAHHH!! Sorry I scared myself again. So, ya I totally understand about recommitting myself. It is hard to be out here. People know what we are here for. They don`t know the message we have to share, but they understand we want to talk to them and they don`t want to hear it. It is tough to keep going after so many rejections. But, as I see a lot there is that one person that is waiting. Waiting for something more. To find answers to life. I want to find that person. I need to recommit myself a lot. Well, I can`t think of anything else to write about. this week was a good week. We got a lot of things done, and found two new investigators, very exciting. It has been really good. Since my comp will be going home next week, we have a lot of others things to do so that he can get prepared to go home. That takes a bit of our time, but we are trying to make up for it. I am loving this work. I love the Lord. I am so glad that I am here to share this gospel. I love you all. And miss you so much. I will talk to you at Christmas.
Love Your Son Elder Lane Ashmore

No comments: