Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, June 16, 2008

Missionary Work in Nabari!!



ON the flight from USA!!!! Pretty Cool!!!

Hey All,
So this week was pretty crazy, well, I think. I am getting a little better at talking to people, well only when they come to the door. Oh ya, I never heard about the ward split I heard that it got huge and I thought that it would split but I did`t know when it would. And I didn`t
know about Brother Randall. that's cool. Well, anyways, everything is getting better. I have a little homesick this week, but it has been getting better, Andrew told me that that would come and go. I just need to focus on the work. I miss you too, but yes I am now serving the Lord and need to focus more on that than what I would be doing at home right now. So, ya this week was really busy. We go tracting a lot house by house, we teach lesson after lesson but even after the lessons the people just don`t understand what it really means and how it can really help them. It is really tough thinking about people that don`t want to know about this, when I have grown up with it and understand it and what it can do. I really can`t get over that. But, supposedly according to my companion he believes that Nabari is the place he thinks has the most potential, it is small but he thinks that when the members start to get going in the work also it will just take off. That is a lot of what we have been doing recently also is getting the ward mission plan going. I guess they haven`t had a written one for a long long time. So, that is a big focus right now. So we are really busy. I just wish I could understand what people are saying. And getting the words out. It has been tough. But ya, going to the temple every week was the thing that I missed the most about the MTC. But, when I am done here there will be a temple sot the missionaries can go. I can`t wait to be able to go the temple again. So ya that is really all that is going on right now. I am actually eating just to let you know. It is just really weird food. I have now tried, mushroom, which is good, and octopus which isn`t bad just really chewy, and some fish, which I didn`t like very much but I will need to get used to. When I get back I will be eating a lot of weird things. Well, I love you and miss you.
Love your son, brother, uncle, friend, etc.,
Elder Ashmore

3 comments:

darkly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
darkly said...

Sorry to double post, there was a mistake.

I found your blog after searching for infor on "The Kiing Of Nabari" anime

http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/CRSeries_-_Nabari_no_Ou

Tiffani said...

Hey Lane! I am so glad to hear that everything is going so well for you. this blog thing is way cool!
I got your letter, but then lost the address on it, so now I have your address I will write you a letter:)
hope everything is still going amazingly!!
~Tiffani Smith